More About Us:
The Watershed Council would like to thank the following people and organizations for their generous support:
- Citizens Bank of Rhode Island and NBC10 for naming the Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council as their third-quarter 2007 Champion in Action, an award that includes a $25,000 grant as well as extensive media coverage.
- Fred Lippitt for his vision, leadership, and commitment to the development and sustainability of the Woonasquatucket River Greenway
- The Natural Resources Conservation Service, our primary partner in the American Heritage River program, working with the Watershed Council and private property owners to restore the environmental health of the river through watershed wide riparian buffer and wetland restoration projects and the restoration of anadromous fish passages.
- The Rhode Island Foundation, which has been very generous in their support.
- The Rhode Island Rivers Council, for both their grants and the training opportunities they have provided.
- The Jesse B. Cox Charitable Trust for their support of our restoration initiatives throughout the watershed.
- The Merck Family Fund for their support of our urban greenspace initiative.
- REI for their support of our River Rangers program.
- The Narragansett Bay Commission for their work along the Woonasquatucket River.
- The Coastal Resources Management Council (CRMC) for their support for fish passage at the first five dams on the Woonasquatucket.
- Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse for their support for the fish ladder at Rising Sun Mills and for two volunteer service days at Donigian Park and two at Riverside Park that leveraged a huge amount of resources for improvements and amenities at each of these parks.
- US EPA for the support of technical expertise to advise the communities on potential remediation alternatives for the Superfund site as well as their support for a variety of other projects related to generating public interest and involvement in the restoration of the Woonasquatucket.
- And last but not least the many individual people who have donated their time, money and expertise, and made the council what it is today.
The Watershed Council requests your help so that we can continue our work. To find out more about what we do see the About Us and Projects menus. To find out how you can get on our mailing list, get a copy of our asset map, donate money, or volunteer, click here or see the Getting Involved menu above.